Monday, January 30, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

Today I'm going to share a recipe. You should know that I don't really consider myself a cook and rarely do anything in the kitchen without ruining or other. However, this recipe was shared with me at one of my weekly meetings and it ended up being easy enough for me make! This recipe is a bit out of season, but I honestly enjoy it all year round!

(I also do not type up recipes the normal way most people do, so you'll have to bare with me.)

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
First, you'll need a glass 2-cup liquid measuring cup. Here are the ingredients you'll want to add to it:

  • 1 Cup of fat-free milk

  • ½ Cup of Pumpkin (canned, pure pumpkin)*

  • 2 tsp of light Olive Oil (optional)

  • 1 tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice (you can use a bit less though)

*Make sure you use canned Pure Pumpkin. It doesn't taste good right out of the can but this can count towards one serving of fruits/vegetables if you're doing Weight Watchers. It is also measures as a liquid, which is why you can measure it out in a liquid measuring cup!

Pour all of the ingredients that you've just added to your liquid measuring cup into a blender. Then add the following ingredients to the blender:

  • 1 packet of Weight Watchers French Vanilla OR Chocolate smoothie mix (I've had this smoothie with both flavors and I like them equally!)

  • About 4 or 5 ice cubes

Blend all of the ingredients together for a delicious smoothie that tastes like pumpkin pie! Yum!

Please note that I really have no idea how or what you would substitute the Weight Watchers smoothie mixes for in this recipe. I've tried to change this recipe and ruined the entire taste of it. I do find the smoothies are completely worth the buy!

Just so this post isn't completely text, I'd like to share my favorite smoothie-making product!


Oster Blend-N-Go



With this handy-dandy product, you can blend your smoothie with the bottom blades and then change it to the flip-top lid so your meal is portable! Now you don't have to worry about cleaning a separate blender before running out to the door to go to work or school. I received this for Christmas from my mom and we both thoroughly love it!

1 comment:

  1. I would imagine you could easily use a vanilla protein powder if you didnt have the smoothie mix, but since I've never tried the smoothie mix that's only a guess.

    Also, I think you mean pure pumpkin. If you use pure pumpkin pie filling its the really sweet one that's got sugar and spices already.

    And yes, pumpkin pie smoothies are amazing!!!! I haven't had one in so long I should make one.

    do you use a shake/smoothie like this as a snack or a full meal replacement?

    ReplyDelete